Sunday 10 March 2013

Remembering....

 Over at Sunday Postcard the challenge is Mothers day so  I used a photo of my Nain who I never met who was my mum's mum...be sure to check out the other entries too.  I woke up to coffee and toast in bed and have been collecting for Marie Curie this morning and am looking forward to a nice steak n mushroom pie that I am cooking in the slow cooker with a nice glass of wine.

Finished off my woodburning painting last night which is for sale in my Etsy.  Its called "Remembering Summer"..its so cold here now so hoping for warm weather one day.
 
Enjoy your Mums Day today!

8 comments:

sheila 77 said...

That's a lovely postcard, Lorraine. I enlarged it and found some beautiful details. Your painting is gorgeous too, with the lovely warm colours.

Anonymous said...

A lovely photo of your Nan, Lorraine. You are fortunate to have it. The wood-burning is most impressive!xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Both of these are wonderful!

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely tribute to your grandmother.

lenoracle said...

I love the wood-burning! The colors you chose to compliment the wood work great. There is a great feel to having a hunk of wood as a beautiful work of art, so much natural beauty.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful postcard and I love your wood burning.

Liz said...

A great tribute to yor Nan, I am sure she would have been happy with it

Birgit said...

The wood burning piece is outstanding. Such a beautiful girl in the poppy field.
Here are tons of new snow...arrgh