Monday 18 March 2013

sheep, fashion and gardening

Really enjoying painting in the style of Robert Joyner who is hosting Strathmore free art workshops at the moment..did this quick sheep yesterday

Made a fun collage card for TMTA challenge which is fashion this week

  I was so pleased to see 3 cordylines growing out of the old cordyline tree that was damaged in the bad storms a couple of years ago.  So today I managed to push down the old tree and planted a new cherry tree.  I have used the old cordyline tree as a barrier between the lawn and think it makes a nice focal point.  I was pleased that the compost bin I purchased is full of compost ..taken a few years but it was great digging and sprinkling it over the soil this morning.  Going to buy a few more mini daffodils tomorrow to add a little colour but hoping to see the blues of the bluebells and muscari soon.

10 comments:

Svenja said...

I do like your collage card - but that sheep is WAY cool! I wish I could draw....

Carol Rigby said...

I love your sheep. I would love to paint as freely as that. I love the effect.

Barbara B. said...

Wonderful collage!

Rika said...

Beautifulart work, love your sheep!

Linda Vincent said...

You're very industrious Lorraine! :-) The sheep is so arty....must be a great class. Love the collage too.
Our cordyline sprouted at the base last year (after we all thought they were dead). Its doing quite well now.

froebelsternchen said...

adorable sheep -- wow Lorraine! great post!

PiaRom said...

Ahhhh how I love your sheep! I am enjoying the workshop too...which reminds me to make another "freely piece like that :)

Anne said...

Wow your sheep is stunning, lovely work and the duck is fab too

Alison said...

I love that sheep Lorraine! Started on a canvas for our church art exhibition, the theme is the Nicene Creed. Came here for some inspiration, as my Jesus is looking like Alice Cooper. I love how you use colour, I've been using my fingers to paint...great fun, feels very Spirit led!!!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

nice collage, thanks for sharing it at TMTA :-)