Sunday 24 March 2013

Spring? & Wild stormy seas

Over at Sunday Postcard the challenge is butterflies.  I took this photo of the icicles on my conservatory this morning and have added butterflies to it and altered the size digitially



Wild Stormy Seas
For week 3 of the Strathmore workshop we had to paint bright colours as a background then paint boats into it..this was quite difficult for me to do but I have had a go which is what its all about really ..learning to paint in a different way.


9 comments:

Rosie said...

Your Digi is wonderful and your painting gorgeous, Lorraine

Unknown said...

I really like how this has come out Just lovely Dxx

Electra said...

Both of these are lovely, but I adore your first-it says so much in such a beautiful way!

sheila 77 said...

Your Spring picture is lovely and it's a good question. We don't have icicles .. yet.

Deborah said...

Love the personal touch to your postcard (thankfully no icicles here!) and your boats are amazing.

Yvonne said...

Love the photo with the butterflies, Lorraine!

Sid said...

I think that Strathmore style suits you perfectly Lorraine, another stunner !!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

LOve your wondeful painting of a stormy sea. Also the first card is amazing, I wish also spring shall come soon.
Hugs Anja

froebelsternchen said...

really wonderful! I lovwe the first one ..this collage speaks to me!